Tuesday 5 May 2015

My Heart Is Bleeding For Nepal

My heart is bleeding for Nepal. The country and its people have given me so much and taught me life altering lessons. The greatest gift from Nepal is not summiting Everest but my eldest daughter Srijana. I was able to adopt her 7 years ago – thanks to Mr. Lila Bhandari – founder of the DOCS Foundation www.docsfoundationnepal.org in Nepal.

Lila has dedicated his life to improve the lives of children who have no others to take care of them.

The earthquake in Nepal caused to injured children at the orphanage where I first meet my daughter and ended up living with Lila, his family and 70 small children.

I ask you to consider if you can do without a small amount of money today – and send them to Lila? Even the smallest amount can make a huge difference in the lives of the children Lila’s are in touch with.

I have known Lila Bhandari for almost 10 years now – and I personally guarantee that all donations goes 100% to the children. Here is todays update from Lila in Katmandu after learning my brother and his wife donated money to help restore what the earthquake has destroyed.

“Dear Brother Claus,
Thank you for your generous support,

All of us are survived, two children of orphanage have injured while coming out of house.

No electricity, no water, started price hike of goods, people making from undue advantage from this tragedy. Food crisis will happen soon, I want to reserve edible goods first"
.
Our bank information is:
Everest Bank Ltd.
Patan Branch, Harihar-Bhavan Road,
Pulchowk, Lalitpur. Nepal
Account Name: DOCS Foundation Nepal
Account No: 01200105200210
Swift code : EVBLNPKA
I will keep updating you,
With best regards,
Lila”

With the warmest and deep-felt emotions

Lene Gammelgaard

1 comment:

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing. Reading blogs is my hobby and I randomly found your blog. I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey. Please keep in touch with me in Twitter, @ipersuade.

    ReplyDelete